Prior to meeting on Friday, everyone put all their information into a Google doc, which we all then read so that we were roughly on the same page. We then broke into groups to create possible designs for the parcels, keeping in mind the criteria we came up with and the information we had gathered.
When we went over the designs as a group, we debated the pros and cons of the most well-liked options. The overall designs that were most liked were the ones that included many elements that all worked together. Among the single elements that were liked was a micro library, which is an idea I find pretty awesome. One of the biggest concerns with creating the spaces was making them feel safe and a place that people wanted to go to.
Over the weekend I created one of the designs in Google sketchup (a 3D modeling program). I ran into the issue that the drawing was mostly square while most of the parcels are rectangles, so there was a lot of empty room in the community gathering space I was working on.